This Acceptable Use Policy document, including the following list of Prohibited Activities, is an integral part of your Hosting Agreement with ArkaHosting. If you engage in any of the activities prohibited by this AUP document, ArkaHosting reserves the right suspend or terminate your account.
ArkaHosting's Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") for ArkaHosting Services is designed to help protect ArkaHosting, ArkaHosting's customers, and the Internet community in general from irresponsible or, in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by ArkaHosting. ArkaHosting reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting on this page.
Prohibited Uses of ArkaHosting Systems and Services:
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
We do not allow the following:
Violation of copyright law
Illegal gambling/Lottery sites
Illegal arms trafficking
Stalking or violating state or federal law.
Attempting without authorization to access a computer system
Schemes to defraud, sending a message or having content that is indecent according to American laws with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass another person
Threatening bodily harm or damage to individuals or groups
Violating U.S. and International Export restrictions
Interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service
CPU Mining/CPU Intensive Apps, Coin Mining, or Any Cryptocurrency Related Applications
Special Note for Shared / Reseller Hosting Accounts:
On shared hosting environments, we do not allow the use of "file locker storage" or anything related to this. Shared and Reseller Hosting services must be used for legitimate website purposes only.
If you are looking to store backups, files, etc. - then you may do so on a VPS or Dedicated Server plan.
In addition, proxy/VPN usage is not allowed on shared/reseller hosting plans, but is allowed on our VPS and Dedicated Servers.
ArkaHosting does not actively monitor dedicated server content for review. ArkaHosting believes in the free dissemination of information via our services. Dedicated server content will only be reviewed upon complaint by verified third parties. Content that does not violate local, state and federal law or the AUP is deemed in compliance and shall remain intact.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email ("UBE", "spam"). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through ArkaHosting's servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on ArkaHosting's servers, is prohibited. ArkaHosting accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider. ANY form of spamming activity (e.g. mail spam, Usenet spam, pop-up spam, selling/buying spamware, and so on) conducted ANYWHERE on the Internet, i.e. whether through our facilities or not, will be grounds for instant, permanent termination of all services with no prior warning.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by ArkaHosting customers must be Closed-loop ("Confirmed Opt-in"). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any ArkaHosting-hosted domain, or referencing any ArkaHosting account, is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., "cracking"). ArkaHosting reserves the right to report illegal activities to any and all regulatory, administrative, and/or governmental authorities for prosecution. If you have any question regarding this abuse policy please feel free to contact ArkaHosting at abuse@ArkaHosting.com.
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any ArkaHosting customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the ArkaHosting network or on another provider's network.
10. Using ArkaHosting's Services to interfere with the use of the ArkaHosting network by other customers or authorized users.
Customer Responsibility for Customer's Users
Each ArkaHosting customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from ArkaHosting, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an ArkaHosting customer will be forwarded to the ArkaHosting customer's postmaster for action. If violations of the ArkaHosting Acceptable Use Policy occur, ArkaHosting reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating ArkaHosting's AUP as ArkaHosting deems appropriate, without notice.
ArkaHosting provides a three (3) day money back guarantee, no questions asked. Please submit a cancellation request in the Client Area, in addition with a Support Ticket to our Billing Department in order to request your refund. Refunds can take up to 7 business days to be processed but in most cases are handled and processed within 48 hours. Any refund requests past the initial 3 day period are still considered on a case by case basis. At the end of the day, we understand we are only here because of our valued customers, so please be assured that we are here to help and ensure your utmost satisfaction.
Refusal of Service
We reserve the right to refuse, cancel or suspend service at our sole discretion. All Sub-Networks, distributive hosting sites and hosting servers of ArkaHosting must adhere to the above policies. Failure to follow any term or condition will be grounds for immediate account deactivation without refund. If you have any question regarding this abuse policy please feel free to contact ArkaHosting at abuse@ArkaHosting.com.